This Year’s Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2019 was full of laptops as we all expected to see, and there were a few interesting features that we were not expecting to see. There’s been everything from Thin Gaming Laptops to Powerful Chromebooks to 17-inch desktop replacements with swappable CPUs. So we have collected up (according to us) the best laptops from CES 2019 only for you so that you know what to expect from upcoming devices.
First of all is Dell XPS 13, Dell’s flagship laptop has returned for 2019. This year the leading laptop has finally fixed its most glaring flaw – the webcam, and we see a considerable improvement in battery life. Now it supports 8th gen Intel i3, i5,
- Processor: Intel Core i7-8565U (1.8GHz to 4.6 GHz) for 9380 and i7-8550U (1.8GHz to 4.0 GHz) for 9370 & 9360
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- RAM: 16GB LPDDR3 2,133MHz for 9380 and 8GB LPDDR3 1866MHz for 9370 & 9360
- Screen:13.3″ FHD (1920 x 1080) InfinityEdge Touch Display with UltraSharp QHD+ resolution (3200×1800)
- Storage: 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD for 9380, 512GB PCIe SSD 9370 and 256GB PCIe SSD for 9360
- Camera: Widescreen HD (720p) webcam with 4 array digital microphones
- Connectivity: Built-in Webcam,USB 3.0, USB-C, Thunderbolt 3 via USB Type C, Card Reader: SD family, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.1
- Ports: Speaker, SD card slot, USB 3.0 with PowerShare, Noble lock slot, AC power, Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps bi-directional), USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps), VGA, HDMI, Ethernet, USB-A via Dell Adapter (sold separately), USB 3.0, Headset jack, Battery gauge button and indicator
Check it out on Amazon: Dell XPS 13
After Dell, Asus presented their Asus Chromebook Flip C434 that will go on sale in the coming months. It features a standard 14-inch touchscreen with the latest Intel Y-Series processors (Core i7-8500Y, i5-8200Y, or M3-8100Y), up to 8GB RAM, and up to 128GB of built-in storage. It also has a microSD card slot for expandable storage up to 2 TB. Its’ the 360° hinge and touchscreen display make flipping into tablet mode easy and quick.
Well not technically intended towards replacing laptops, this is one of the best Chromebooks out there with good specs, performance,
- Processor: Intel Core i7 8500Y
- Screen: 14″ display with 87% screen-to-body ratio
- Connectivity: Dual-band 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Ports: USB Type C x 2, USB Type A,
- Body: 15.7mm thick aluminum chassis, weights 1.45KG
Check it out on Amazon: Asus Chromebook Flip (C434)
The Huawei MateBook 13 is so far the best price-performance laptop of CES 2019. Designed like MacBook and 88% screen-to-body ratio, the MateBook 13 is a revamp of the previous MateBook X with a 25-watts Nvidia GeForce MX 150 GPU and 512 GB of internal storage and they claim that its battery lasts for up to 10 hours of video playback.
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i7 8565U or i5 8265U
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 512GB or 256GB
- Screen: 13″ 2K Touch Display
- Ports: USB-A port, USB-C port, HDMI port, and VGA port
Check it out on Amazon: Huawei MateBook 13
Asus ZenBook S13 is the world’s narrowest laptop with an amazing 97% screen-to-body ratio. It features a 13.9″ 1080p display with narrow bezels of 2.5mm with a notch on top for the webcam.
It is powered by the latest 8th Gen Intel Core i7 Processor and a discrete Nvidia GeForce MX 150 GPU, accompanied 8GB RAM and 1TB of PCIe SSD.
- Screen: 13.9-inch Full HD display with 97% screen-to-body ratio
- Processor: 8th-Gen Intel Core i7-8565U or i5-8265U processors
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce MX150 GPU
- RAM: Up to 16GB DDR3 2,133MHz RAM
- Storage: Up to 1 TB PCIe NVMe SSD storage
- Ports: USB-A 3.1 x 1, USB-C x 2, microSD slot x 1, and a headphone jack.
Check it out on Amazon: Asus ZenBook S13
The Acer Swift 7 is a thin ultrabook, measuring just 9.95 mm thick and weighing 1.96 pounds (0.88KG). It features thin bezels flanking its 14″ 1080p screen which gets around 92% screen-to-body ratio
Also, there is Thunderbolt USB-C ports, an audio jack, an 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8500Y Amber Lake processor with 256GB or 512GB of PCIe SSD storage, and either 8GB or 16GB of LPDDR3 RAM. Additionally, it has a Fingerprint reader with Windows Hello support, a dongle which adds two additional ports a USB Type A and HDMI. Acer claims that the Swift 7 achieves 10 hours of battery life.
- Screen: 14″ 1080p with 92% screen-to-body ratio.
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i7 8500Y
- RAM: LPDDR3 8GB or 16GB
- Storage: 256GB or 512GB PCIe SSD
- Ports: Thunderbolt 3 USB Type C x 2, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Fingerprint Reader
Check it out on Amazon: Acer Swift 7
Furthermore, LG announced Gram 17, the lightest 17-inch 2-in-1 laptop. It supports Windows Hello fingerprint sign-in, a 2K IPS display, an 8th Gen Core i7 8565U processor, 512GB of storage, and 16GB of RAM. Altogether it weighs just 3 pounds (1.36KG). LG also claims a battery of 19.5 hours.
- Screen: 17″ 2K IPS display with 16:10 aspect ratio Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8565U
- RAM: LPDDR3 16GB
- Storage: PCIe 512GB SSD
- Ports: USB-C, USB 3.1 x 2, HDMI, microSD slot, 3.5mm audio combo jack
Check it out on Amazon (Coming soon): LG Gram 17
Asus StudioBook (S W700)
Here comes a very interesting Asus flagship “Asus StudioBook” Workstation. It fits a 17-inch display into a 15-inch laptop body. Furthermore, StudioBook features a 16:10 aspect ratio, color-calibrated, Pantone validated 97-percent DCI-P3 color gamut, and 180-degree lay-flat screen.
Moreover StudioBook supports up to 64GB RAM, 4TB of storage, a hexacore Intel Xeon E-2176M processor, and Nvidia Quadro P3200 graphics. Asus will start shipping the StudioBook in Q1 of 2019. To be honest, they nailed it.
- Screen: 17.3″ 1080p IPS Anti-Glare display
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H or Intel Xeon E-2167M
- GPU: Nvidia Quadro P3200 with 6GB memory
- RAM: Up to 64GB DDR4 2667MHz
- Storage: Up to two 2TB PCIe 3.0 x4 SSDs
- Connectivity: Wireless AC 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.0, LAN (via USB adapter)
- Ports: USB-A 3.1 Gen 2 x 2, USB-C with Thunderbolt 3, HDMI 2.0, SD 4.0/UHS-II SD card reader, 3.5mm Audio combo jack
Check it out on Amazon: (Coming Soon)
Razer Blade 15 Advanced
Razer also refreshed one of its laptops Razer Blade 15 Advanced to take advantage of Nvidia’s new RTX GPUs. The Razer Blade 15 Advanced edition will offer the RTX 2060, 2070, and 2080 graphics chip models. Alongside the new ray-tracing-capable GPUs, Razer once again included the Intel Core i7-8750H processor, 16GB of DDR4 RAM (expandable to 64GB), and finally, it added Windows Hello facial recognition into the webcam.
- Screen: 15.6″ 4K 144Hz IPS 100% sRGB Matte touch display
- Processor: 2.2GHz Intel Core i7-8750H (hexa-core, up to 4.1GHz with Turbo Boost)
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 dual channel 2667 MHz
- Storage: 512GB M.2 SSD (NVMe PCIe 3.0 x 4)
- Ports: mDP, HDMI, USB Type-C with Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.0 x 3
Check it out on Amazon: Razer Blade 15 Advanced
The Asus ROG Mothership is an all-in-one, kickstand-equipped unit; Detachable from the magnetic backlit keyboard and touchpad, making it one of the most unique gaming PC designs in history. The ROG Mothership will support Nvidia’s RTX 2080 GPU, up to a Core i9-8950HK processor which is overclocked up to 4.78GHz right out-of-the-box, 64GB of RAM, three 512GB NVMe SSDs in a Raid 0 array, and a 144Hz refresh rate and 3ms response time and NVIDIA’s G-SYNC 1080p screen. Its detachable keyboard connects to it via Wi-Fi as well as a cable rather than Bluetooth and can be folded for added comfort.
- Screen: 17″ 1080p 144Hz display
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i9-8950HK Hexa Core (overclocked at a whopping clock of 4.78GHz)
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080
- RAM: 64GB
- Storage: 3 x 512GB NVMe SSDs
- Connectivity: Next-gen Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200(802.11ax), 2.5G Ethernet
Check it out on Amazon (soon): Asus ROG Mothership
Alienware M17 is a 17-inch desktop replacement with Nvidia’s new RTX GPUs. The new M17 is the thinnest and lightest Alienware laptop ever. It supports Intel Core i9 processor, measures 23mm thick, and weighs 5.79 pounds (2.62KG). However, Alienware’s its refresh rates are locked to 60Hz, for both the 1080p and 4K display variants.
- Screen: 17.3″ 2K or 4K variants
- Processor: Intel Core i5-8300H, Core i7-8750H or Core i9-8950HK
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1050Ti, and (tentatively) RTX 2060, 2070 and 2080 GPUs variants
- RAM: Up to 32GB DDR4 2666MHz
- Storage: Up to 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD + 1TB (+8GB SSHD) Hybrid Drive
Check it out on Amazon: Alienware M17
The Alienware Area-51M is unlike any other desktop replacement laptop.
The Revolutionary 17-inch gaming laptop with upgradeable, overclockable desktop 9th Gen Intel® Core™ processors and NVIDIA GPUs, plus a magnesium alloy chassis. You can swap out the GPU and the desktop CPU, which is insane when it comes to laptops. The Area-51M also sports a newer, cleaner design for this model.
- Screen: 17.3″ 1080p
- Processor: Up to 9th Generation Intel® Core™ i9-9900K
- RAM: Up to 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 2400MHz
- GPU: Up to Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080
- Storage: Up to 512GB RAID 0 (2x 256GB PCIe M.2 SSDs) + 1TB (+8GB SSHD) Hybrid Drive
Read more: Best Smartphones In CES 2019